Re: Enable compiz-fusion after kernel update

On Fri, 2008-02-22 at 07:38 -0500, Doctor Who wrote:
> OK...the nvidia installer cannot find the properly prepared kernel
> sources.  I have the kernel and matching kernel-develop packages
> installed for the running kernel.  What must be done in Fedora to
> properly 'prepare' the kernel sources?

The easier solution, for many people, when the sonic screwdriver just
isn't up to the job, or when reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
just doesn't do the trick, is to use the precompiled NVidia drivers from
Livna, or the self-recompiling drivers from the other repo (ATRPMS?).

I went down the Livna repo route.  I've usually found them to have
compiled the drivers fairly promptly after a new kernel was released.
And you avoid the problem of the NVidia supplied drivers mangling your
X.org installation.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.