Re: Enable compiz-fusion after kernel update

On 2/21/08, Alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> /var/log/Xorg.0.log should tell you why it's not starting.
> >>

> > The log says:
> >
> > "Failed to Load the NVIDIA kernel module!"
>
> You have to rebuild the commercial nVIDIA driver each time you upgrade the
> kernel or upgrade OpenGL libraries.

OK...the nvidia installer cannot find the properly prepared kernel
sources.  I have the kernel and matching kernel-develop packages
installed for the running kernel.  What must be done in Fedora to
properly 'prepare' the kernel sources?

In other distros I would cd to /usr/src/linux, then do a 'make
mrproper', 'make cloneconfig' and then 'make prepare'

Thanks.