truecrypt and kb3

Hi,

Running x86_64 Fedora 7.

I have quite a few  JPEGs of personal documents ( e.g. tax forms,
insurance, bank statements, shareholdings, etc.. ) that I have scanned
from my multi-purpose printer / scanner / copier. Now I want to burn
these JPEGs into CD or DVD, but I would preferrably want them to be
encrypted, specially in this day and age about privacy and identity
theft.

Preferrably, the encypted files OR encrypted ISO image could be
decrypted on any platform. No I have read that kb3 would be the
perfect solution for this.

Now questions are:

1) Do I need a CD burner application that is truecrypt-aware ? I have
been using k3b ( the CD / DVD burner app for KDE ) for quite a few
years now.

2) Also, there does not seem to be an available RPM for truecrypt.
Best thing that I can find is this:
http://tredosoft.com/truecrypt_fedora_7 and install from source. Why
is it not in any main repo ( fedora, livna, or freshrpms ) ... is it
for legal reasons ?

Thanks.