Re: Fedora 8 iso image corrupted ?

Pedro Freire wrote:
Meanwhile I verified that the iso SHA1SUM is correct. It must have been a burning problem.
I will re-burn later and, this time, verify the result :)

Another thing you can do - burn the boot.iso (in the images directory) and boot off that - mount the DVD (mount the image or physical disk) and make it available via web server on another box. http installs seem to recover much better from a download error than off of DVD media when the drive mis-reads.

I always do http installs now - nothing more frustrating than having an install fail because an rpm file was mis-read due to a piece of dust on the drive lens and Anaconda can't figure out to try and re-read it.