Re: Make newly created directories 0775 by default

On 06Feb2008 14:25, aragonx@xxxxxxxxxx <aragonx@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > Correct. I just wanted to point out that it was not a one size fits all
| > solution. (Well, it is, but it's intrusive and overkill for fine grained
| > issues - smbd reads the smb.conf when a PC connects, so you only need a
| > full restart when you want all PCs to get new smb.conf settings).
|
| A few more questions if you don't mind.  When you do a restart, it does
| not disconnect a user does it?  And what if they auto-mount the smb
| directories when they log in (like on a Windows box).  They would not ever
| need to reconnect until they log off right?  Or does each attempt to
| read/write a file force a reconnect?

It does disconnect all the users, but Windows silent reconnects next
time the user makes use of that mapped drive.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

"If you could have any amount of money... How much would you want?"
"All of it."    - Cerebus the Aardvark