Re: Make newly created directories 0775 by default

> Correct. I just wanted to point out that it was not a one size fits all
> solution. (Well, it is, but it's intrusive and overkill for fine grained
> issues - smbd reads the smb.conf when a PC connects, so you only need a
> full restart when you want all PCs to get new smb.conf settings).

A few more questions if you don't mind.  When you do a restart, it does
not disconnect a user does it?  And what if they auto-mount the smb
directories when they log in (like on a Windows box).  They would not ever
need to reconnect until they log off right?  Or does each attempt to
read/write a file force a reconnect?

believed to be clean.