Re: problem with permissions of usb key

thanks guys for your efforts.
Some information:
- update on his system was done via rpm (not so easy) without using force or other drastic parameters
- I've considered the alternate disk repository, but it seems complicated by using also livna packages... I'll investigate more in this sense
- after the log provided there were no other errors or messages on both PCs
- for the output provided I was connected as gcecchi in gnome on my PC and in a terminal I did a "su -"
- on both pcs' logs the uid is 500 because it is the first one created different from root (gcecchi in my case, luca in his case)
- gcecchi is not a member of root group
- no entry at all in fstab for sdb or /media fs on both pc

I'm going to compare
ls /etc/udev/rules.d
ls /etc/hal
between the two stations and report.