Re: Fedora Home Network

Michael A. Peters wrote:
Mike Chambers wrote:
On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 23:19 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:31:23 -0600
"Joe W. Byers" <ecjbosu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I want to set it us so that my family has only one login for each machine and all information is stored on the server.
You may want to look at http://www.ltsp.org

Note that you will want to use LTSP 4.2, not version 5.

What about setting up NFS and using mounted /home/dir's from the
server?
You really only want to do that if all the boxes are running the same version of the same distro. Different versions of, say, evolution don't always play nice with the same configuration files.

I am assuming you are talking about taking care of two very different issues. To authenticate users, I would use LDAP although Kerberos will work too. The second thing is data/settings etc... which has already been discussed here.