Fedora Home Network

I could use some advice.

I now have 3 linux computers running on my home network (EL5 (server), Fedora 6(ancient PC as a workstation), and Fedora 8(laptop). I want to set it us so that my family has only one login for each machine and all information is stored on the server. I am not a admin. I have read many documents, lists, and other information on this. I read on SAMBA, LDAP, NFS, kerbosis and more. I have myself very confused on what to do. I tried SAMBA, which works for sharing, but not for user management. LDAP and kerbosis I am just confused.

I could your advice or a HOW-TO set this up and get it working. The laptop will need a local user as well outside the home network.

My user are only family members, behind a router firewall.

I appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

Hell, if anyone replying lives in Houston, TX and we get this to work, several pints would be in order.

Thank you
Joe