Re: Service start order question

Mark C. Allman wrote:

If network tries to bring up a wireless connection that uses
wpa_supplicant, it will fail.  I'm asking if anyone ever somehow managed
to being up a wireless connection that uses wpa_supplicant when network
starts but before wpa_supplicant is started.  I can't see how, but just
because I can't doesn't mean it's a bug.  If nobody can then perhaps
it's time for a Bugzilla report.  I'm just trying to be thorough.

Well FWIW I can't. I just recently upgraded my laptop from F7 to F8 and my wireless connection needs WPA2 via wpa_supplicant but I also use automounter and ldap. Automounter gets started in between the network and wpa_supplicant which means it always fails. This worked fine on F7 which makes me think that the boot order was changed. Additionally if I ever need to restart the network, i also need to restart wpa_supplicant. Ok I can understand that but restarting wpa_supplicant empties the routing tables for some bizarre reason.

--
Ian Chapman.