Re: bug in network manager? newbie

Jan Brosius wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday evening I updated network  manager and the kernel.
After that update I can't get a wireless connection anymore. Even worse when I click on the networkmanager icon there is no option anymore to connect to a wireless network. Before this update everything worked though I had sometimes to restart manually networkmanager (it seemed then that networkmanager stopped too early trying to get a connection)

Happily I can still get a wireless connection in my older kernel).

Does anybody have a suggestion or is this a bug?

Your mail doesn't have the version number of Fedora, NetworkManager or kernel or the network setup you are using so it's pretty difficult to guess but if it works with a older kernel, this looks like a regression that should reported in http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Rahul