Re: Graphics tablets and Fedora 8

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 23:11 +0100, Anders Karlsson wrote:
What about keyboards then, "Natural" keyboard or something like
Kinesis contoured keyboard? Would that help as well?

I recently bought one of the old 2000 comfort curve keyboards from the
evil empire.  I can say that it's nicer to type on than the usual
keyboards, but only if you use two hands.  Trying to do it single
handed, as you may while taking notes on the phone, you find the curve
works against you.

When buying a keyboard, you need to try them out first.  Some don't have
enough travel in the keys, others too many.  Some have sharp edges to
all the keys, better ones don't.  Many of the expensive keyboards aren't
better, they just have more useless buttons added.  And you'll find many
are useless for high speed typing - without a significant gap between
pressing one key and the next, it mashes things up.  You see letters
appearing that you didn't type, or it misses some out.

The last time I found a decent keyboard, I bought three.  That'll keep
me from having to do all the shopping around for a long time.

Like you, I purchased a Microsoft keyboard for use and love it.

I also second the Expert Mouse from Kensington. I have had one for over 5 years and only had to replace one microswitch so far. The kids cannot wreck it, even after my son used to take the ball and play with it. :)

Just purchased the same for work.

I find I can work with the natrual keyboard for more hours than my Dell keyboard. My wife hates it.

Note, it takes time to get used to a natural keyboard if you are a serious touch typist.

--
Robin Laing