Can't get photos from camera -

gphoto2 is giving me the following error messages. I used it a few days ago with a different camera and it worked without a hitch.

       gphoto2 --auto-detect
Model Port ---------------------------------------------------------- USB PTP Class Camera usb: USB PTP Class Camera usb:005,008 [root@box6 ~]# gphoto2 --list-files *** Error *** PTP I/O error

*** Error *** An error occurred in the io-library ('Unspecified error'): The
       supplied vendor or product id (0x0,0x0) is not valid.
*** Error (-1: 'Unspecified error') ***
       For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
       Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
       If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
       developer mailing list <gphoto-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
       please run
       gphoto2 as follows:

           env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt
       --list-files

       Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

       gphoto2 --get-all-files
*** Error *** PTP I/O error

*** Error *** An error occurred in the io-library ('Unspecified error'): Could
       not query kernel driver of device.
*** Error (-1: 'Unspecified error') ***
       For debugging messages, please use the --debug option.
       Debugging messages may help finding a solution to your problem.
       If you intend to send any error or debug messages to the gphoto
       developer mailing list <gphoto-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
       please run
       gphoto2 as follows:

           env LANG=C gphoto2 --debug --debug-logfile=my-logfile.txt
       --get-all-files

       Please make sure there is sufficient quoting around the arguments.

Man gphoto2 is not much help or perhaps beyond my comprehension.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob Goodwin