Re: Good bye: Res has a potty-mouth.

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:48:44 -0800
Peter Gordon <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 15:47 +1000, Res wrote:
> > [...], because its much easier to lable someone a
> > foul-mouth troll, than to think that hte foul-mouth troll might
> > have a valid point.
>
> Having a valid point is no excuse for not presenting it in a
> respectful manner. If you believe something needs to be fixed, please
> let us know what it is.
>
> We love constructive criticism! Really, we do. It's one of the very
> _foundations_ of F/OSS development. Please let us know what you feel
> is wrong, and how perhaps we could fix it. However, if you simply
> tell us "this is wrong. you people suck" (which is effectively what
> your wording in earlier mails is doing), then we can do nothing about
> it.
>
> Instead, choose your wording in a less inflammatory way. For example:
> "This foo-thing is wrong. Here's why: insert-reason-here. Perhaps if
> we did bar-action it could be fixed."
>

> > Ah but this is a mailing list, I care not for typos :)
> Heh. =P

The fact remains, he can't help himself. Often he states things yet
disqualifies himself with a contradiction.

Is this by design or a self-destructive mode? Is there a clinical term
for this; ... perhaps.

All I know is, uneducated bantering and obscene verbiage is certainly a
vehicle for those that can not muster an intellectual response much less
a volley.

--
Best regards,
Chris