Re: onboard NIC: Attansic L2 [SOLVED]

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 09:03 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
>    [snip!]
> >
> > I have a friend who just installed F8 on his HP Pavillion a1220n which
> > has a realtech onboard nic that is having the same issue about WinXP
> > turning the nic off and when booting back into f8 not getting switched
> > on. From the sounds of it the drivers are at fault so any help in
> > finding the proper driver or resolving of the issue would be greatly
> > appreciated
> > Donald Reader
>
> As you can see in my specific case, it seemed that the issue I had was an old
> driver from a company bought out but another company who provided improved
> code for this NIC chipset for Linux which resulted in old and new drivers
> spread across multiple OSes.
>
> I was lucky that Chris Shook came to my rescue, otherwise I'd be deeply
> frustrated.  It seems to me, that you may need to post your friend's issue in
> a separate thread, with the proper subject line and detail the issue and
> supply the Linux 'modinfo <driver>' and the 'lsmod | grep <driver>' as well
> as the drivers used in XP (and any other Multiboot OSes drivers) in the email
> message body and also posit that you believe it is a driver conflict problem
> OR use Fedora's bugzilla and pray that someone who is working on that
> specific driver sees your post and will respond.
>
> Dan

Found the fix and it was an easy one.
went into windows control panel->systems->hardware Tab ->device manager
and select the network adapters and then choose the nic card that is
giving you issues. Right click on properties and then click on the
advance tab there you can enable lan on shutdown. that seemed to do the
trick as it actually turned the lan back on during the shutdown process.
Still wondering if there is a bug or not in the linux driver and will
get the information posted in a new thread when I have the chance to get
it when he happens to be online with his linux up

Thanks again for responses
Donald Reader