Re: Anyone seen radeon driver fail to find DVI?

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 19:20:24 +0000,
  Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Haven't had a chance to gather much data on this, but on a machine at home
> with a fairly old radeon card (might be a 9200 or 9600, I can't look right
> now), debian etch has no problem running the display with the xorg radeon
> driver it has, but fedora 8 can't talk to the display.
>
> When I look at the log file, I see it believes that it should be talking
> to DDC_VGA (which isn't connected), doesn't find a monitor (which makes
> sense), and refuses to talk.
>
> The log when I boot debian doesn't mention VGA at all, but goes right
> to the DVI connector and works fine.
>
> Just wondered if this rings any bells for anyone before I kill a
> lot of time to examine it in more detail.

I had a similar problem that was fixed by the version of xorg-x11-drv-ati
in updates. The versions that have appeared in updates-testing since then
have broken things again. So if the one in updates fixes things for you,
you may want to save a copy somewhere in case it ends up being replaced
by a problem version later.