Re: onboard NIC: Attansic L2 [SOLVED]

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 09:03 -0800, Dan Thurman wrote:
On Tuesday 29 January 2008 06:59:53 pm Donald Reader wrote:

> I have a friend who just installed F8 on his HP Pavillion a1220n which
> has a realtech onboard nic that is having the same issue about WinXP
> turning the nic off and when booting back into f8 not getting switched
> on. From the sounds of it the drivers are at fault so any help in
> finding the proper driver or resolving of the issue would be greatly
> appreciated
> Donald Reader

As you can see in my specific case, it seemed that the issue I had was an old
driver from a company bought out but another company who provided improved
code for this NIC chipset for Linux which resulted in old and new drivers
spread across multiple OSes.

I was lucky that Chris Shook came to my rescue, otherwise I'd be deeply
frustrated.  It seems to me, that you may need to post your friend's issue in
a separate thread, with the proper subject line and detail the issue and
supply the Linux 'modinfo <driver>' and the 'lsmod | grep <driver>' as well
as the drivers used in XP (and any other Multiboot OSes drivers) in the email
message body and also posit that you believe it is a driver conflict problem
OR use Fedora's bugzilla and pray that someone who is working on that
specific driver sees your post and will respond.

Dan

Thank you for your response Dan and will do what I can then

Donald Reader