Re: Grub problem, can't boot.

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> OK, I'll start trying to correct my F7 test system. When booting into it I
> get into a grub prompt and if I manually enter the statements which
> normally would initiate the boot, i.e. "root (hd1,0)" I get the message:
>
> Filesystem unknown, partition type 0x93
>
> This is clearly wrong since it should have been 0x83 but how can I correct
> it?

Do you realize (hd1,0) actually refers to /dev/sdb1 or something like that?
do you actually have your boot partition on the second disk?

I would get Knoppix - Linux on a CD -
and examine your disk setup with that.
(You can do the same with the rescue CD,
but I find Knoppix much easier to use.)

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366