Re: Ahh, forget repo fusion :-).

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:40:05 -0700
Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. Goal
> The RPMforge.net project is an independent community-driven project to
> provide the infrastructure and tools to allow users, developers and
> packagers to meet and work together to provide and improve RPM packages.

That may be the idea behind rpmforge, but knowing how getting linux
developers to agree on standards is a lot like herding cats, I was
thinking about it from the other direction - a technical solution
that would let you install all sorts of conflicting nonsense in
a way that prevents the conflicts and then select between the
choices by diddling your PATH or using something like the
alternatives scheme.