Re: Double messages

Les Mikesell wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

So let's rephrase: Do you get all messages twice or only the ones
*you* send to the list yourself?

I am getting two copies of all messages to the Fedora list. This is the only list so effected.
I did some simple looking at the Thunderbird mail client and I have discovered how to do exactly what is being done to me. And it is dirt simple and all you need is the email address of the victom and the email address of the list. I have both for most people on this list. In theory I can do the same for all of you.

If it is only happening on replies to messages you have sent, someone is simply hitting 'reply-all' which has been the canonical way to respond to mail list messages from the beginning of time, since they don't all set the reply-to: header to direct mail back to the list. Some mailers will only include the reply-to: address in this case, but I don't think that is universal.

It is possible and someone is doing it so every time they get a fedora message they forward it to me. Period. I too know how to do this. Period.

Karl