Re: CD and DVD ISO images

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:25 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> For some time I've wondered whether it might be a Good Thing for
> distros to create a bunch of CD-sized ISO images, and then for the
> DVD-sized ISO image simply glue the lot into a single ISO image that
> boots the installer and installs as usual. I don't see much point to
> making different-sized install media that are so different.
>
> Anaconda already has to logic to loop-mount ISO images, it just needs
> to be applied to the "CDROM" install path.

Didn't the first DVD install offered for Fedora (or Red Hat Linux?) work
that way?  With the DVD being several CD ISO files and the extra bits
necessary to install from them.

At least, I seem to recall someone writing instructions somewhere for
creating a DVD install that worked like that (download the ISOs, burn
them to the DVD as just ISO files, etc.).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.