Re: F8 is a problem

Karl Larsen wrote:

All three of your rants fail to mention how you get the Nvidia from livna or freshrpms. I am supposed to KNOW this somehow. I could not use livna because I had no way to get it.

You've either missed or forgotten something very, very basic in this process. You click on the URL for the right livna-release-xxx rpm, (and I know the link has gone by several times in related posts recently but I'm too lazy to look them up for you). The browser will offer to install it for you - or you could download the rpm and install it manually. After doing this you will have the livna repo added to your yum configuration and can use 'yum search nvidia' to find nvidia related things in configured repos and 'yum install ....' to install packages you find.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx