Re: Off Topic: can anyone recommend a USB KVM

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:16:07 -0500
Claude Jones <cjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'll check the IOGear
> units, which I have had good results with

I recently installed an IOGear 4 port USB KVM
that also switches DVI video, not vga, and it
has shocked me by pretty much just working
perfectly out of the box (never had that experience
with any KVM before :-).

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GCS1764
(I did a google product search to find a cheaper
price than the iogear stor :-).

The only glitch I've seen is that you have to switch
to a system while you are booting it, or the video
doesn't pick up the EDID info and falls back on something
like 800x600. Once the systems are up, I can freely
switch between them, and have never noticed any kind
of problem. Not even sure this could be considered
a glitch since most KVMs have the same problem.