[SOLVED] Re: FC8 Bluetooth/hcid initialization at boot

On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 19:22 -0800, Donald Reader wrote:
> Howdy All
>
> I have upgraded to FC8 to help solve some bluetooth issues
> that I posted about earlier. But now I seem to have a few
> issues with the start up of hcid at boot/reboot
>
> 1) For some reason the scanning modes are not activating
> 	properly which is causing other issues I believe.
> 	Although an easy work around is to just issue an
> 	hciconfig hci0 reset command and they show up.
> 	I am not sure if this is proper behavior or if it
> 	happens to be a bug in which case I have not idea
> 	how to report it LOL.
> Now while investigating this issue I also noticed this
>
> 2) hcid is not finding a file called /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
> 	I have googled and tried every other avenue I know of
> 	to try and figure out if this is a missing file or if
> 	I need to create it myself. I have been able to figure
> 	out the functionality of the file but not how to do
> 	any editing of it or what the structure of the file is.
> 3) Can't read class of device on hci0: Input/output error
> 	Not sure this the real culprit of the issues or not.
> 	but the log reads like this.
> Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Can't read class of device on hci0:
> Input/output error (5)
> Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Getting name failed with status 0x0c
> Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Can't read class of device on hci0:
> Input/output error (5)
> Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Getting scan enable failed with status
> 0x0c
>
> Anyway I have included a txt file with log entries and some hciconfig
> output along with the hcid.conf and rfcomm.conf file contents in it for
> anyone to look at if they want to. I have kept the text file short as
> possible by putting only the most pertinent info in it.
>
> Once I do a hciconfig reset I do get sound out of my headset although
> I still have an issue with the mic and audio capturing. From what I
> have read online bluez has come up with an update in 3.24 so guess I
> need to wait till fedora releases that update to actually use my
> headset with skype but am getting closer.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Donald Reader

Solved issue 1 by adding "options hci_usb reset=1" to /etc/modprobe.conf
at least now the scans activate.

Solved issue 2 by downloading the source and findind the audio.conf file
then just copying it over to the /etc/bluetooth directory

Solving those issues seems to have cleared up issue 3.

at one point I even had audio capturing working on my BT headset and
skype. although after a reboot I lost that.
Guessing I just have to wait for the 3.24 version and update as I
have heard that the the bluez project has addressed the issue of
audio capture.

I must thank everyone that has helped in resolving these issues

Donald Reader