Re: Where to get Fedora 8 CDs

vamythguy:
>> I'm having the same issue - is it not possible to boot from the DVD?

Kam Leo:
> The F8 DVD is bootable. The drive on your system might not be able to
> read the medium that you are using. If the medium you used is DVD-R or
> DVD+RW switch to DVD+R.

It might be worth asking how they burnt the disc.

I've seen people who, given an ISO file, don't burn the disc from the
image.  They open the ISO file in some dearchiving program, copy the
files somewhere, then burn that into a disc.  Sure, they get the files,
but that doesn't make an auto-booting disc.

Then there's the more common problem:  Someone burns the ISO file to a
disc as a file.  If they were to look at the disc contents, they'll see
just one big file on it.

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.

If I wanted a hard time I would have used Windows...