Re: How do i use gnome-keyring without a password prompt? (not gdm pam)

2008/1/18, Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Fri, 2008-01-18 at 14:34 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Mark wrote:
> >
> > > I just got the keyring stuff working with gdm pam thanks to this link [1].
> > > But now i'm wondering if it's possible to have the keyring manager but
> > > without the password prompt. or even better, without any password at
> > > all! So is that possible?
> >
> > afaik, no.
>
> gnome_keyring_pam is supposed to do this, but it's not working.  There's
> a post in the archives about configuring it so it does work, but I
> hadn't had a chance to try it.
>
> The idea is, if you use your login password as your keyring password,
> you won't be prompted.
>
> Why would you want no password?

Well i'm the only user on this machine and i simply don't want to get
prompted for a keyring password and i find it close to useless to have
a password for it anyway.

I simply don't want to get prompted about any password prompts other
than the login one and the root password. all other password prompts
(as far as i can think of) are pointless.

In my case the keyring-manager is only being used for NetworkManager
to make a wireless network connection.