Re: Trying to rescue a hard disk -- weired feedback??

On Jan 18, 2008 11:21 AM, Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 18:52 +1030, Tim wrote:
>

>> And in next week's episode Karl sets fire to his PC by yum updating a
>> kernel, stay tuned...
>>

> Ohmigawd!! ...has someone created a "stay-tuned-for-Karl.1.0.noarch.rpm"
> for auto-generating "Karl" tag lines? ROFLOL!!
>
> I know it sounds disrespectful, but Karl you are in a class by yourself.
> A true enigma. Keep stirring the pot anyway.
>
> I do manage to learn from your exploratory episodes in and out of the
> innards of Fedora ...at times with shock, other times with awe and
> sometimes with pure amazement. But, while I might weep seeing you have
> to re-install FC8 for the tenth time, I'm never bored by you pushing the
> cutting edge to new heights, never before imagined. Previously, I
> thought that I had the corner on that market. I now carefully step
> aside.
>
> Oh yeah, where do I get that rpm? ;) Ric

Nope. The problem today is a stickler. I find my VLC audio is
non-existent. I thought maybe my  whole sound was bad but fired up Skype
and it works fine with good audio.

Karl

Let's try to keep things in their own thread. This one is about rescuing harddrives.  The freezer  trick worked for me .

-Max