Re: Wake On LAN on Fedora 7?

> The correct way to do enable WOL is to add the following to
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:

> ETHTOOL_OPTS="wol g"

> Once this is in place, WOL should work after a normal shutdown, with no
> initscript modifications.  If you have to hit the power button because ACPI bugs
> are preventing soft power off, it probably won't work either way, and you should
> file a bug report.

What's a "normal shutdown"?
I added the line to ifcfg-eth0 and rebooted the machine. Then I
powered it down using "init 0". And again it didn't respond to the
magic packet afterwards...

The reason I shut down with the power button is just because it's
easier. It's not that I hold it until the machine switches off, I just
press it shortly and the machine shuts down the right way. Is it
wrong?

--
Best regards,
 Andrew