Re: How To Find Out Fan Speed Via Software

On Jan 17, 2008 2:02 PM, Tom Weniger <trweniger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2008/1/17 max bianco <maximilianbianco@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I ran sensors-detect as mentioned at the beginning of the thread and it
> helped straighten out some temp issues I was seeing via the sensor applet. I
> still don't have fan speed and such but i did not follow through on all the
> instructions from sensors-detect which included( i  am not at the machine in
> question) pasting something into the /etc/rc  . I wasn't really sure and
> really didn't have time to do it. Anyone know if this will help with getting
> the fan speed ?

Greetings Max,

You could "add" the sensors-applet to the panel. It has the fan speeds
in the preferences.
I had done that but I did not see fan speed under preferences. I am 99% sure it is supported by my hardware so I may have to edit sensors.conf . I will not be able to tinker with it till I get home. Yes i could setup remote access to my home but then I would never get any work done. I would spend all my time tinkering with my PC , which I would much prefer, instead of doing my job and working on all these pieces of excrement.

-Max