Re: [OT] Video Standard Q: (Was Re: New Thread....about anything but Pulseaudio or yum)

Ed Greshko wrote:
max wrote:
Does anyone want to discuss anything besides yum or pulseaudio? anything at all? I wear a size 10.5 shoe. I don't like shoes without laces. I don't like thick shoes.

Well, I had one OT question rolling around in my head that I've resisted asking about. It is having to do with displays and the sales literature put out by some manufactures. I know there are folks on the list with broadcast standards experience...

So, I wonder what "106% NTSC color capability" means. If NTSC is a standard then how can you have over 100% capability?

FWIW, I am looking to get a new LCD monitor and have run into that statement which makes me wonder.

Maybe it's like giving 110%....