Re: Another list

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
On Jan 16, 2008 7:49 PM, John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David L. Gehrt wrote:
Karl is a  seriously damaged individual.
This is completely uncalled for and reflects less well on yourself than
it does on Karl. Whatever Karl's limitations, he deserves to be treated
with dignity.

There is nothing undignified about calling someone a damaged
individual, I can think of a lot less dignified, but accurate terms.

We're not going to get into another dump Karl argument are we? For whatever opinions exist about him the fact remains that this is an open list with no moderator.

If you don't like Karl and what he posts, then use filters and you will be at peace.

If you are afraid that Karl is polluting the list and doing damage to other users then try your best to do damage control. (It will all come out in the wash eventually.)

FWIW, I love my Dad...but he is getting on in years. Sometimes he comes to me with problems he has on his PC (he is a Windows only person). When I try to tell him what is wrong or explain the situation the first words out of his mouth are "I know...". At which point I stop in my tracks. There is no point in trying to convince him that he doesn't know...and I end up being the only frustrated person since he is sure he is right. So, I've learned ...with my Dad anyway...not to waste my breath.