Re: rdesktop woes

Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Paul Lemmons wrote:
Can you share the rdesktop command you are using? Also here is an
rdesktop command that I use all of the time that works flawlessly for me:

rdesktop -u "Janet Cummings" -g 1024x768 -d JMCPC 192.168.6.102:3389

rdesktop -Txyznbu1 -nmybox -g1270x950 -a24 -rsound -b -4 xyznbu1

This connect to a box named "xyznbu1". It gives the window a title of
the same name. Other options determine color depth, protocol and screen
size.

for me, I'm trying to connect to my wife's computer, specified by IP
address and Remote Desktop port number.  I'm using the user name listed
by the RAIncident file that was created by Windows Remote Desktop.  For
my testing purposes, there is no password, and the computer has its own
domain name (same as its windows network name).

Remote Desktop on windows requires a password on the account you are using to log in, the user must also be a member of the remote desktop users group or admin. Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance are different. The proper box must be check on the system properties>Remote tab. I have rdesktop working here BTW.

-Max