Re: Updates SOLVED! ... Or is it!

Jim Cornette wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
Well at this point I know a great deal more than YOU do about yum. I am sorry you had no working ideas but thanks for a try at least.

Karl

What is the output from package-cleanup --problems and from package-cleanup --dupes ?

This has got to be the longest solved thread on any mailing list.

I Jim yes it is the longest SOLVED for sure. But I first said solved when the yum was not done :-)

But I write this on F8 which is a new load and I already have thunderbird and the web working with the old control files. I moved .mozilla and .thunderbird over and yummed thunderbird and all is well for now. It will get updated all night and I will tenderly remove pulseaudio rpm's until it stops working. No more yum remove pulseaudio for me :-)

   The solution was to re-load F8 from the DVD and that went good.

Karl