Re: Updates SOLVED?

Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 14:08 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>>>
>>>    Well at this point I know a great deal more than YOU do about yum. I
>>> am sorry you had no working ideas but thanks for a try at least.
>>>
>> Did I miss something about whose yum was working and whose wasn't?
> ----
> and I neglected to mention that he has already tossed off not only my
> advice, but also Ed Greshko's and Michael Schwendt's. Now if Michael
> offered to help me, I would definitely pay attention but hey, that's
> just me.
>
> just another gem...
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-January/msg00420.html
>
> from the guy who knows more from one day of study than Dennis Gilmore
> will ever know...I'm in good company
>
> Craig

Your problem Craig, is that you know that you don't know everything
about yum. Karl has not learned that yet. So he thinks he knows more
then you. After all, he managed to mess up his yum setup beyond your
ability to fix it. :-) Little things like his not knowing how he
messed it up, and his inability to follow advice don't enter into it.

Mikkel