data recovery help?

Hi,

I am using the recent F9 rawhide live CD to try to recover data from a
non-booting Windows XP laptop. The CD boots to a command line prompt and
won't run X. I don't much care. I made a new directory, /mnt/c, and
successfully mounted the NTFS drive, /dev/sda1 there. [BTW, the NTFS-3G
mounting correctly detected an unclean shutdown on the NTFS drive and
correctly set out the command to use if I wanted to force the mount. Some
nice work has been done there, this used to be like tooth-pulling.]

The data is intact and my immediate job is to get it off the HD and on to a
working USB hard drive. I have the external drive plugged in and powered up
and I don't know what device driver to use to attempt to mount it. Anyone
know? (eg, /dev/usb0??? or what?)

Dave

--
There is no single government agency that views sustainability through a broad
lens, taking into account the values of the people affected by government

Mr. Justice David Vickers, BC Supreme Court in Tsilhqot'in Nation v. British
Columbia,2007