Re: Updates

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 12:38 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > FWIW, I'm watching "Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" for the
> > umpteenth time. Whoever wrote this is crazier than me.
> >
> > Good Buckaroo advice:
> > "Don't tug on that, you don't know what it's attached to."
> > "Home is where you can wear your hat."
> > "No matter where you go, there you are."
> >

> > Getting the movie from some dollar dust bin; $5
> > Getting the wisdom within it; Priceless.
> >
> > I know, ...I should get a life. :) Ric
> >

> I just checked IMdb and learned that the film was released in 1984.  I
> was in Germany that year and only back in the US before being sent off
> to Japan.  So, I didn't even know of the existence of the film.
----
what Ric didn't let on was he was snorting the 'dust' out of the dollar
dust bin when he stumbled on the movie
----
> No, no need to get a life.  You just need to create a torrent for the
> film so I could download.  :-)
----
of course you would have to install vlc to watch it

;-)

(or mplayer)
----
> And, yes, I'm on the team of people that are attempting to place this
> thread into the Guinness Book of World Records.
----
Are we there yet?  I don't think so. More to the point, I think that
since you are cognizant of the effort, you essentially cheapen the
achievement.

Craig