Re: Updates

Karl Larsen wrote:

[root@localhost ~]# yum install vlc
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies

The yum is not looking for a repo to get this mess. How can this be? I have removed all livna repos but it does not even use them.

All of the vlc rpm's are in the livna repos. So, if you have removed/disable livna then you will not get vlc.

For what ever reason, this mailing list seems to be failing in its attempts to help you. Have you thought about dropping in on your local high school to see if they have a computer club? You may find someone there that is willing to help with "hands on" help. I think that is better suited to you than "long distance learning".

--
Computer programmers do it byte by byte.