Re: Updates

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 10:06 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

> I would hope that going through some hands on training from someone
> sitting next to him would better prepare him to make use of a mailing
> list such as this one.  I get the feeling that it indeed would be better
> for him in the long run and would certainly contribute to the quality of
> the posts and the Fedora experience.  It couldn't hurt.

During my tour of Geekdom, I've started three computer user groups. Once
everyone gets into a room and starts jabbering freely, miracles occur.
Every time.

The real trick is to have enough bucks on you to buy a big pizza and a
drink for someone that you wish to mentor you, after you pick him out of
the crowd. Just find the person that hugs the wall, but knows the most
about what you are trying to achieve. Sure, it's a little predatory, but
Karl ...you're on a hunt for a local mentor.

Isolated Geeks wake up nicely and predictably to someone buying them
food and praising their abilities. Also, every time. They'll knock
themselves out to prove their worth with regards to the food and praise.
Just like a Basset Hound. <chuckles> Heck, I know I do!

So, Ed. Your advice to Karl is sound, as long as he observes the social
amenities of the proposed "Mutually Beneficial Relationship".

1) 	Buy a BIG pizza (the REAL Geek food of choice)
2)	Do as he says.
3)	Do as he says.
4)	Don't be a pest. Observe "Proper Boundaries"
5)	Do exactly as he says.
6)	No beer until completion. Soft drinks when on the computer.

A trained seal only barks for fish. Feel free to quote me. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar