Re: NFS share causes kded to crash on logout - fix found, how to apply?

Tim Leger <tleger.fedora <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,   I'm experiencing the same problem as Mike Cohler posted about nearly
a month ago, namely kded crashes on logout under Fedora 7 and 8 after kdebase
was update last November.  This problem has become so annoying that I did some..

Tim

I found a good way round this after talking to another user who also had this
problem.

Instead of mounting via an fstab entry you can use automount instead.

This has two advantages:
a) The crash on logout no longer occurs
b) You only mount when needed!

So remove the fstab entry for the nfs share and put in an automount
entry instead.