Re: NFS share causes kded to crash on logout - fix found, how to apply?

On Jan 14, 2008 11:04 AM, Mike C <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim Leger <tleger.fedora <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,   I'm experiencing the same problem as Mike Cohler posted about nearly
a month ago, namely kded crashes on logout under Fedora 7 and 8 after kdebase
was update last November.  This problem has become so annoying that I did some..

Tim

I found a good way round this after talking to another user who also had this
problem.

Instead of mounting via an fstab entry you can use automount instead.

This has two advantages:
a) The crash on logout no longer occurs
b) You only mount when needed!

So remove the fstab entry for the nfs share and put in an automount
entry instead.

   Thanks Mike, it works great.  Took me a few minutes to figure out how to mount NFS shares via autofs, but once I did it works.

Thanks again, Tim Leger