Re: Pulseaudio

On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 12:53 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-01-13 at 11:46 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> >> Nigel Henry wrote:
> >>

> >>     Thanks Nigel. I guess the lesson learned is to not use yum to remove.
> >>
> > ----
> > what yum giveth, yum can taketh away and vice versa.
> >
> > It doesn't really matter because you can add it back in again anyway.
> >
> > yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio
> >
> > gets all of it back.
> >
> > Not only am I sure that using yum to remove a package wasn't a case of a
> > lesson to be learned, I am convinced that you have learned nothing of
> > significant value at all. That you believe that you can draw significant
> > conclusions based upon a lack of knowledge seems to be the lesson that
> > eludes you most of all.
> >
> > Craig
> >

>     Well Craig if you have pulseaudio on your F8 do a yum remove
> pulseaudio* and see what it does to you!
----
I don't understand your point. If you do something like 'yum remove
*pulseaudio*' and say yes to it's warning...who's to blame? Regardless,
'yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio' brings it all back.

They sell guns to people, one would presume with the assumption that the
purchaser won't shoot himself, either on purpose or accidentally...who's
to blame?
----

>     Also Craig if you want to know about EE things I speak as an expert.
----
And our president is a Harvard MBA...which I consider prima facie
evidence that neither the degree nor a degree from a prestigious
university substantially proves discernible intellect.

Craig