Re: Fedora/Linux as a USB Drive

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 00:07:00 +0100
> Zoltan Boszormenyi <zboszor@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> there was a DOS 6.2 utility that could be used to send some files
>> over serial connections...)
>
> That's called "most terminal programs", Telix and Procomm being two of the
> better ones.
>
> You may be thinking of Laplink, which allowed you to transfer files over a
> specially-wired PARALLEL CABLE at speeds much greater than you could get out of
> a serial port.
>
> MSDOS 6 also included InterSvr, which did something similar to Laplink (and
> used the same cable) but was a lot less handy and intuitive to use than Laplink
> was.

I alway preferred to use Norton Commander to transfer files between
DOS systems. I especially liked the feature where you could install
Norton Commander on the "slave" computer over the serial link using
the standard DOS copy command. It could also use a parallel link to
transfer files, but not to install nc on the "slave" machine. You
could control everything from the "master" machine once you had the
connection established.

Mikkel