Re: LDAP be killing me. I need a good step by step

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 12:33 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> > MOST e-mail address book 'clients' are actually read-only clients and
> > don't make any attempt to have write access. Evolution is capable of
> > writing to LDAP address books and I believe that Kontact (KaddressBook)
> > can now also 'write' to LDAP address books.
>
> How exactly can one use KAddressBook in this way?
> Does anyone know?
> I assume you are saying that KAddressBook
> can talk to an openLDAP server?
----
I use it as a 'read' client - sets up the same as any other LDAP address
book client and yes, it works fine with any LDAP v2 or LDAP v3 server.

It does appear to have 'write' abilities to LDAP. I can't find any
suitable schema which means that it has surely has attributes that can't
be saved to LDAP.

Craig