Re: Fedora 8 on laptop lenovo T61P

On mercredi 9 janvier 2008, John Summerfield wrote:
> >> What kind of wireless card?
> >>
> >> Silly thing to check: Is the switch on the front lip of the case set
> >> to "on"?
> >
> > It isn't silly, it's bitten me once and now i always check there first
> > when someone says "my wireless isn't working?" , especially if they say
> > it was working the day before. The BIOS is another place to check,
> > sometimes the ethernet\wireless can be turned on or off there...
>
> I have had the wireless off, on my Acer, and refusing to be turned on
> until I booted Windows.
>
> I suggest Francois uses google for combinations of Linux and Intel 4965;
> I barely know one Intel Wireless card from another, but I have seen
> quite a few questions about Intel Wireless.

Finally, I have my wireless stuff that works. But it works, only if I run
knetworkmanager. If I stop it, it doesn't work. The led that shows that the
wifi function is running doesn't work, but I don't care.

The pb I have is that knetworkmanager doesn't take care of the IP address I
wrote in the ifcfg-wlan0 file. It takes an IP from my dhcp router, but my
laptop has a fixed ip, It is configurated that way, it is not supposed to
take an IP from my dhcp router.

Another pb, is that I'm disconnected from the network after 8 or 10 minutes.
I have to stop my connection from the icon on my desktop and to connect
again to the wireless network. Something is broken somewhere. I didn't have
such problems before running my old laptop and F7.

The pb I reported about NFS not working was because of that. My system is
configurated with fixed IP, but now, that knetworkmanager still wants not
to take care of what is configurated, and take another ip address.
Francois