Re: Fedora 8 on laptop lenovo T61P

Mr.Scrooge wrote:
--- Matthew Saltzman <mjs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-01-09 at 07:24 +0100, Francois wrote:
On mardi 8 janvier 2008, Chris Snell wrote:
Is there a way to install F8 on it? Thanks. Francois
Install in text mode, then use the nvidia packages from the livna repo.

More specific help here:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_Fedora_8_on_a_ThinkPad_T61p
OK, I did what I found on the wiki, except the part about Mouse, as I do not have a pb with it. Now everything works like a charm, except one very important thing : wifi ;-( Now when I boot, I have a message like that : "error for wireless request "set mode (8B06)". Set failed on device wlan0. invalid argument.

I have that message since I've updated the packages. When I just installed F8 from the DVD, I didn't get that warning, but the wifi didn't work though.
The little led that shows that wifi is activated is off.
Thank you for your help. Francois
What kind of wireless card?
Silly thing to check: Is the switch on the front lip of the case set to
"on"?

It isn't silly, it's bitten me once and now i always check there first when someone says "my
wireless isn't working?" , especially if they say it was working the day before. The BIOS is
another place to check, sometimes the ethernet\wireless can be turned on or off there...

I have had the wireless off, on my Acer, and refusing to be turned on until I booted Windows.

I suggest Francois uses google for combinations of Linux and Intel 4965; I barely know one Intel Wireless card from another, but I have seen quite a few questions about Intel Wireless.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait