Re: another pulseaudio horror story

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:37:37 -0600
"Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BUT, then I read your message and I ran "yum remove
> kde-settings-pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio" and I got my sound
> back with no further steps whatsoever :)

One additional obscure bit: If you run any SDL based programs that
need audio, you'll also need to "unset SDL_AUDIODRIVER" in your .bashrc
file (or remove the /etc/profile.d/SDL_pulseaudio_hack.* files).
(It is unfortunate that those files are in the main SDL rpm
instead of being separated into an SDL-pulseaudio rpm that could
simply be removed).