Re: another pulseaudio horror story

Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 08:46:09 -0600
Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kevin Kofler wrote:

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett <at> verizon.net> writes:
Add me to the list of folks who had to nuke as much of pulseaudio
as I could without ripping out 2/3rds of kde.
Huh? What was it trying to remove and why (i.e. what PA stuff did it
depend on)? Normally the only KDE package you have to remove when
removing PA is kde-settings-pulseaudio (duh...).
and don't forget alsa-plugins-pulseaudio, so in all:

$ yum remove kde-settings-pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio

should leave you with a kde desktop free of using pa.

Hello Rex :)
In another email on this thread, I quoted what yum wanted to remove
when I ran the command "yum remove pulseaudio*"  Like others on this
thread have remarked, it sure wants to remove quite a bit...

BUT, then I read your message and I ran "yum remove
kde-settings-pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio" and I got my sound
back with no further steps whatsoever :)

Thank you VERY much,
Steven P. Ulrick

I just joined, I think the pulseaudio list where you talk about how great it is. I will read a few to see which way the wind is blowing and then offer the comments we have on the Fedora list. Also noticed that one of the principle developers works for Red Hat :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User