Re: OT: Apple list?

On 06/01/2008, Craig White <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apple, like Microsoft has a support web site and offers direct support
> consistent with the fact that they are revenue based and that is the
> part of why you use a proprietary OS, for their support.

Yeah, right. My father uses some version or another of Windows XP. He
had to pay $39 for a full year's support just to email a human that
would help him configure his HP printer. That is on top of the $$$ for
the OS. Windows (I don't know about Mac) comes with installation
support free, and no more. Much like a crack dealer.

I just looked, and it seems that the price has since gone up 50%:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=16&y=16&prid=3219&gprid=37013

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il