Re: OT: Apple list?

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 10:57 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a list of the caliber of this one for the Apple Mac?
> >

> There is a much wider range of technical knowledge among Mac users than
> here since you don't need to be an expert to survive.   If you want
> discussions on open source topics, you might like the fink-users list or
> some of the other resources listed here:
> http://www.finkproject.org/help/index.php.

> I personally have little to no interest in the Mac but my daughter took a new
> job and is doing some basic maintenance of Mac computers and I certainly can't answer
> her questions.  Apparently there are unsolved problems left from the past which she
> would like to find solutions for.  She tells me that her campus is the only one using Mac's
> and the technical people are primarily PC types?  I suspect that she will eventually find
> some help there but she asked if I would inquire here.
>
> Just wanted a list to refer her to.  One can learn a lot just reading messages on a list such
> as this one.
----
the problem is that Mac's like Windows simply don't have lists like
this. Neither are open source, neither are community based, neither are
really community supported and thus it is a 3rd party opportunity.

Apple, like Microsoft has a support web site and offers direct support
consistent with the fact that they are revenue based and that is the
part of why you use a proprietary OS, for their support.

Craig