Re: Recommendations for software to use with Creative Zen MP3 player

Chris G wrote:
On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 08:36:19PM -0600, Ron Siven wrote:
   --- Chris G <[2]cl@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
   >  What  do  people  panel  recommend  to  use with a Creative Zen MP3
   player.

   >  Main  requirement  is to be able to download MP3s and put them onto
   the
   > Zen, it's not a requirement to be able to play them on the computer.
   >
   >  Podcast synchronisation would be a plus but lets try walking before
   we
   > run.  Doing this on windows has turned into a disatrous mess.

   Chris,  Have you tried Amarok?  It works well with older iPods and has
   an entry for a creative Nomad device.
   - Ron

I gave it a quick try last night, it looks very slick, however it
*didn't* recognise the Creative Zen.  Note that the Creative Zen (as I
understand it) isn't a 'Nomad' device, it's just a straightforward MP3
player.

When plugged in all I see in dmesg is:-

    usb 7-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 9

It looks as if I'll have to do a bit of configuration in amarok to get
it to see the Zen.

If the Zen is like my Creative Zen Stone then all you have to do is plug it in and drag the MP3s to it. I have used Gnomad2 with my Nomad in the past,

hth